Nationwide rail transport is a safe, efficient and cost-effective method of delivering biosolids and waste materials for beneficial use, treatment or disposal. We are ready to support you with a fleet of more than 330 railcars and 3,000 shipping containers.
Synagro’s rail terminals and transportation services provide logistics and intermodal transport to and from virtually anywhere in the country, reducing the carbon footprint, fossil fuel use, and traffic congestion associated with truck transportation. Clients turn to Synagro to transport over 500,000 tons of waste each year.
Our largest facility at Brill Yards in Newark, New Jersey is a fully permitted NJDEP intermodal container facility served by both CSX and Norfolk Southern railroads. We’re an A901 licensed transporter in the state and have a permitted capacity of up to 3,400 tons each day.
- Dewatered sewage sludge
- Coal combustion byproducts: fly ash, bottom ash, boiler slag and flue gas desulfurization gypsum (FGD)
- Contaminated soils (hazardous and non-hazardous)
- Low level radioactive waste
- Industrial and special wastes
- Municipal solid waste
- Construction and demolition debris
- Industrial general commodities
- ISO tank containers
- Shale drilling waste
Contact us to learn how we can serve your needs.